A Dental & Denture is accepting new patients!
Laughing gas does not put you to sleep. You can still respond to our doctors’ requests and answer questions. Your speech may be slightly slurred, and your responses may be slower than usual. In general, you will be relaxed and cooperative. You will know when you are receiving an injection, and you may even feel it. But you probably won’t care. Your breathing and heartbeat will still be normal.
Laughing gas is very safe when used by a properly trained dentist. Ask our dentists in Seattle about their training with laughing gas.
Benefits of Laughing Gas
There are many. Following are the most common ones:
- Laughing gas can make you feel more comfortable during your appointment.
- You remain conscious and are fully aware during treatment.
- The depth of sedation can be varied throughout your treatment as required.
- Your gag reflex and flow of saliva are somewhat decreased.
- Laughing gas can reduce the discomfort or anxiety associated with an injection of local anesthesia; in some cases (particularly with small children) it takes the place of an injection all together.
- Most importantly, it helps to eliminate fear and reduces anxiety by helping you relax.
Nearly all patients. There are practically no side effects associated with laughing gas use. Occasionally, however, asthmatic patients or those suffering from severe bronchitis or other known lung disorders may elect not to use it. Ultimately, this is a decision best made by you and your dentist. Make sure you report any changes in your medical history to your dentist prior to using laughing gas.
What if I am pregnant?
Laughing gas is the most commonly recommended sedation technique for expectant patients. Although it does cross the placenta, it is not metabolized by the body; therefore, it has no effect on most organ systems and is removed from the body in a short period of time. If you have any further concerns about using laughing gas while you are pregnant, you may wish to consult with your obstetrician prior to treatment in this office.
We’re currently accepting new patients in Seattle, North Seattle, Northgate, Shoreline, Mountlake Terrace, Kenmore, Edmonds, Lynnwood, Kirkland, Bothell, Lake Forest Park, Bellevue, Mercer Island, Everett, Medina, and Woodinville, call A Dental & Denture at (206) 440-1500.
Schedule Your Appointment